C A T H O L I C T R A V E L O G U E

C A T H O L I C         T R A V E L O G U E
Show me the way to my parish, and I will show you the way to Heaven- St. John Mary Vianney

Friday, January 29, 2010

Remembering + Jaime Lachica Cardinal Sin


The Late Cardinal is shown here as the newly appointed Auxillary-Bishop of Jaro.
He wore a mantelleta, a clerical dress, to signify that he has no jurisdiction in the diocese to which he is serving. A tasseled or tufted fascia, sash, is also worth noticing.

photo courtesy from Boletin Ecclesiastico, 1967 UST Library

2 comments:

  1. He was the one who told me that his car music is almost always Gregorian Chants and he called me Mr. Gregorian Chant for advocating the TLM and Gregorian Chants in the late 1980's and during the 1990's when it was not yet that popular here in the country since I "pestered" him with requests to assign us a priest for the TLM (of course he threatened me with excommunication thinking I was SSPX but later asked me to be a priest and study at Holy Apostle's Seminary when everything was ironed out, God rest his soul!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read a certain biography of his life in UST library and i saw a picture of him celebrating mass ad orientem together with his then secretary,the archbishop soc villegas, in europe!:)

    ReplyDelete